Friday, January 13, 2012

Madison

Today I am soooo happy to share some very exciting news with you!  FINALLY we seem to have a solution to some of our transportation issues here in Haiti.  :)  :)  A few months back I was chatting on facebook with a girl from Colorado (16 years old) who has been to Haiti and fallen in love with the people and ministry GOd has for us to do here.  She and I have talked a lot and I have actually been blessed to be able to minister with her brother on a few occasions- great family (they have blessed me in many ways as has their church).  Anyway, as we were chatting she asked our greatest physical need for the ministry and offered to lift us up in prayer.  Of course the need for a truck came immediately to mind.  I explained to her that we would like to be better stewards of the resources God has given us and felt that renting vehicles all the time was "eating up" monty that could have been used to directly serve the people of Haiti.  She committed to praying about it for us and even went so far as to say something to the effect of, "I am trusting that God will provide a truck for Hearts United within the next year."

Fast forward about 5 months and I am sitting in haiti- working on the computer (answering e-mails and such) and she again begins to chat with me on facebook.  She proceeds to tell me that she has some news to share with me and then tells me that her family is donating a truck to our ministry!  That is a cool part of the story, but what is even more cool is that at our last board meeting Pastor Dave asked, "Crystal, if you could have ANY truck for use in Haiti what do you think would be most beneficial?"  I immediately said, "My 'wish list' would include a 4x4, extended cab, small (not full size) pickup truck that was diesel."  Well, guess what??  The truck is a Ford Ranger 4x4 , extended cab.  It is gasoline, but 3 out of 4 is amazing!  (and it's WHITE so we can eventually have someone in Haiti paint it with our "logo" and a bunch of other stuff- kind of like a "tap tap" for Hearts United)  They are currently getting a mechanic to look at it and make any needed repairs so we can send the truck to Haiti as quickly as possible and have it ready to use for teams immediately upon arrival.  Mechanics here are not always reliable so we want to be sure it is running well before it gets here.

So, let me introduce you to "Madison"(yes, I am one of those people who names her vehicles)- named after the young lady who committed to prayer and was instrumental in getting donating her.  She has only one problem right now.  She needs to get from Colorado to a port city and then be shipped to Haiti.  We are not sure yet what port we will ship out of, but are getting prices and quotes.  It appears we will need about $4,000 to ship her to Haiti and get her out of port and onto the road (registered, insurance, etc...).  We know without a doubt that God has provided so far and will not stop with us having a truck sitting in the USA unable to be used because we can not afford to ship it. So, will you join us in prayer as we lift up this request to Him who is able to use a 16 year old young woman and her prayers/generous heart to bless MANY in Haiti?  Thank you!!

This is the actual truck sitting in Colorado- will YOU help us get it to Haiti so we can begin to use it here??  

3 comments:

  1. Yea God! What an answer to prayer for so many of us! I love Madison's heart too, because even though I 've never met her, the fact that I had cards available to give girls who needed encouragement - well, that alone told me she was sensitive and compassionate. Thanks Madison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melinda and Crystal! I'm so glad that God gave me the opportunity to come to Haiti, to stay at the Arris' house and be connected with a wonderful ministry,that the children from SOG are gone and safer than before! That my father would just so happen to give me the perfect first car that was just want HUH wanted, to give me wonderful leaders who can take care of Haiti while I finish school, and to give me the desire matched with many opportunities to return to my home, Haiti! Love you guys!! -Madison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Madison! You have the biggest heart! We just changed our Bunko menu to serve Chick-Fil-A tonite to support your financial efforts (they're donating 20%)toward sending the truck to Haiti. I hope you get to drive it when you're there serving :) Our family was discussing your plan at dinner last night, and our kids just love what you're doing, as they LOVE you, their babysitter and friend! Your ministry is far reaching even in our own town.
    Dena

    ReplyDelete