Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Blessing!

The concordance (in dk. blue), a book on Christian family living (light blue upper left) and two Bible study books on Romans along with 75 New Testaments in Creole!  What a gift from God to Haiti! (through the generosity of His people).

So, here is an amazing story of God's provision that I just have to share with you!  It all started with an e-mail I received from Delta Airlines saying the itinerary for my return trip to Haiti had changed.  I opened the e-mail to view it and it didn't seem to be any different from what I already had on record.  Then, I noticed the change!  I was moved from Economy class to BUSINESS class!  This means that in addition to the wonderful seat with more room I was now entitled to two free checked bags - 70 pounds each.  No, you have to realize that every trip to Haiti I take the allowed 50 pound free bag and then I always check a second bag that weighs 50 pounds and pay for that one (usually $40).  Since I keep my clothes and other items in Haiti at the base we rent, these suitcases are usually filled with donations, items for people I know, items for the base/orphanage, etc...  Well, I called Delta to confirm and YES!  I do get the two bags!  This is almost another whole suitcase.  :)  :)  

WAIT!  This story gets better.  Now that I knew I had extra pounds I could pack I began to pray, "God, what would you have me take to Haiti this trip that would be a blessing to Your people?"  It didn't take long until I got an answer.  Within a few hours I got a text that someone had donated a large amount of money for us to use to bless someone this Christmas season.  Again, I went to prayer.  "OK God, I have extra weight to pack, and extra money to spend.  What should I do with both?"  

A few hours later I was cleaning and came across the catalog feom a place near our house in Pennsylvania that sells books in Haitian Creole.  DING DING DING   The lights went off and bells whistled (not really, but you know what I mean) and I knew!  I called, placed my order and went to pick up the books.  75 New Testaments in Creole, a concordance for Pastor Yves and Pastor Robby, and three Bible study books for some of the translators we are close to. 

Not only did the price come to almost all the money I had to spend, but guess what?  Right before leaving I had a quick thought pass through my head.  I asked the guy selling me the books how much he thought they weighed.  He said, "I have a scale right here for when we ship packages.  Let's check".  Yep!  You are right.... the books I had just purchased weighed........... 40.8 pounds!  

If that's not God at work, then I don't know what is folks!  So, my bags are packed and I am ready to go back to Haiti.  Seventy five people will receive the word of God in Creole and some of those who have blessed us in the past year will have some material to study His Word (in their language).  THANK YOU JESUS!  A Merry CHRISTmas indeed!  

Blessings - Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment