Sunday, December 29, 2013

sunday/funday

Hello, friends! My name is Skyler Burkhart, and I'm currently part of the Hearts United With Haiti team. It's been a great experience so far. I flew in a day earlier than the rest of the team, so I've had a little more time to adjust and hang out in Haiti. Every day has been eventful, and I can already tell that this is a great country.

Today was Sunday. We started off the day with going to church. The church that we went to is located by the beach, so that was very cool to see. The water was so blue. I think Haiti is often portrayed as a very dirty country, but it is actually very beautiful here. After church, we visited the OSE orphanage down the road and played with some of the kids there. They were all extremely friendly and energetic, which was awesome! After the orphanage, we went on a hike to the top of the mountain that is near us. That was quite a sight to see. I took a few photos if you are interested in looking at them.

I am excited for what the rest of the week has in store! We will continuously need your prayers and thoughts, so we thank you in advance for them!




-Skyler (and the rest of the team)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing...so many thoughts and emotions going on in my heart/mind as I read and look at these pictures. Priceless treasure of pictures and every detail is a blessing to read of your adventures and experiences. Thoughts and prayers to all, The Phelps' Family...Gary, Kim and Brandon

    ReplyDelete