Monday, December 30, 2013

My Highlights from Life is Wealth Orphanage

Today was pretty exciting. We got to go to the Life is Wealth orphanage. We spent the first part of the morning sanding and painting the walls. Some of the kids wanted to help so we gave them sandpaper and rags. It was so funny to watch them get excited about cleaning. While the guys worked on the tall parts of the walls, we got to play with the kids. They were really concerned about the paint that was stuck to my hands, so they led me out to a water faucet where they instructed me to rub and scrape my hands under the water. It was an oil based paint so it wouldn't come off. After one boy got frustrated he led me to a bucket where he started to dump liquid out and onto my hands. I thought it was water until it started to sting a little. He had been pouring gasoline on my hands! Once I realized it I couldn't stop laughing. 
 My other highlight from the orphanage was when the girls did my hair.There was a lot of tugging and ripping going on, but I definitely  got an interesting hair do. I really enjoyed working and playing with the kids today and can't wait to go back tomorrow!
- Renee Wubbenhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment