Friday, July 20, 2012

Never Never Land

In the story of Peter Pan, a young lady named Wendy travels to a far off land. Wendy enjoys the exotic beauty and the fun lives that everyone there lives, but eventually she has to go home.

I'm here in Chaveneau and all I keep saying is, "I feel like I'm in paradise." I'm so happy and blessed to be in this wonderful place! The beauty of the people, scenery, culture, and energy here, takes my breath away!

Just yesterday we went to a small waterfall and enjoyed a, greatly needed, cool dip in the "pool." The hike was beautiful and very fun! My favorite part, by far, was laying on this huge rock, where all the water ran down, with a bunch of little kids playing games. It was beautiful. God's power astounded me at every turn!

The younger guys on the team and I didn't really have anything to do last night, so we got the chance to chill, and It was too much fun :)

God is working mightily in and through us and I'm very excited to share the stories of my wonderful adventure!

Now, just like Wendy, I will have to be going home soon. Regardless of the fact that I love my job, I love my friends, I love my family, I love my church, and I love the activities and life that I get to live in America, I don't want to come home. This place is too amazing and too close to my heart to leave. I know I need to come back, and there are parts of me excited to be back, but this place is AWESOME. You should come and see for yourselves :)
Thank you to all of those who supported me, to those of you who are praying for us. We have all been very well, very blessed, and very happy! God has been protecting us and guarding us throughout this whole trip and I'm excited for the next four and a half days that I'll be in this beautiful country!

Bondye beni ou!! (God bless you!)

Love,
Madison Laughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment