Thursday, July 19, 2012

God's Presence Through His Creation!

Today has been so far a very productive day for the team! We got up and had our team time in the morning to decide the plan for the day, in the mean time, I was relieved to find out that the tarantula hanging out in the boy's room had been killed the night before.  It would have helped me sleep better if I would have known it.  Sorry, I know it sounds cruel, but you have to know I have a bad phobia for spiders.  We started then the morning by inviting the children to come to join us and learn about dental hygiene.  We started out with a small group but with time ended up having a big line of kids waiting for their toothbrush and paste. Carmen demonstrated how to brush teeth correctly, then had the kids practice with the rest of us in the team.  Madison read Proverbs 25:19 and applied it to our spiritual lives. We talked about how we have to invest in our spiritual lives everyday so our faith can grow and be healthy. If we don't rely completely on God, this can bring pain and suffering into our lives, just like a broken tooth.  After the lesson, we had lunch and then some of the people in the teach played baseball with the kids.  It was so fun to watch the kids have fun and learning a new game.As I was watching the kids play, I decided to sit by myself and started admiring this beautiful land.  The sky was clear blue, just so magnificent! I couldn't help but to start praying and rejoicing in God's presence.  I felt His peace and joy by contemplating His creation while listening to the children laugh, and play.  Then we headed out to the water falls with the children where we were blessed by the beautiful scenery, God's creation and the beautiful children playing and splashing water around us. Now we are back at the church and we are about to go inside the church and show a movie to the community about Jesus. Forgot to mention Steve, and Logan have been working on putting a roof on the bathroom area. It's so nice to see how each time each time contributes to making this place nicer!

I am thankful to God for all the blessings and lessons I have learned so far and the ones yet to come.  I am also thankful for the team: Jordan, Austin, Logan, Cheryl, Steve, Bob, Madison, Crystal and my good friend Carmen, my pastor's wife who decided to join me in this trip.  GOD IS AWESOME!
- Lili

No comments:

Post a Comment