Sunday, July 15, 2012

First update!

I got in to Haiti yesterday morning, ate at a national gas station, went over to the orphanage for 3o mins, i got to see Samanda, Sophia, Bettina, Kettia, Ketlene, Melinda, My love, and a lot of girls from the new orphanage. It was quite awesome to see them, Ketlenne, Kettia, and I cried because we were so happy to see eachother. I really enjoyed meeting the pastor, as well. Then, on a 20min ride, (based by distiance of course) we waited 5 hours to get to the store. The deli mart was like a safeway, it really was pretty! (It was quite a difficult process to get there...) Then we went to see the man with our truck, of course we waited for an hour before church actually ended... He is a GREAT guy! Then we came home to the Arris house and enjoyed some time together. Opened a few gifts, partied with a few LED light-up balloons. Talk about AWESOME!!! Crystal and Redg' are picking up 6 of the 9 team members. Tonight we have a team meeting, then tomorrow we will be working at a school, picking up 2 from the airport, going to the hosptial, and heading off for Chaveneau. My dear friend, Ramces, will be joining us for the time in Chaveneau, I'm very excited! Its going to be great!! Its been so wonderful to really experiance Haiti and to learn from Crystal. So many details to work out, so little help from Haiti, especially the traffic... Its been great seeing everyone, except Ramces whom i will see very soon! I ate some awesome food last night, but im not too sure my tummy thought it was as awesome as my taste buds did... I'd like prayer for that.
I am safe, I am happy, I am on an adventure, I am thankful for your prayers, and I AM home!!!


Madison Laughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment