Saturday, March 24, 2012

Peterson

For those of you who follow facebook you know that on my first day in Haiti (my last trip- March 2012) I was involved in an accident.  We were hit by a public bus- broadside on the driver's side. I have attached some photos but wanted to share with those of you who asked that Peterson (my driver when in Haiti) thinks he will have to pay about $700 US toward fixing his friend's "tap tap".... His wife is due to have a baby in the end of March and they do not have that kind of money.  So sad.  Please pray for Peterson- he really looks out for me when I am in Haiti and often drives me places when I can't afford it - I only pay for gas or buy him dinner or something.  Praise God (due partly to his good defensive driving) that we were not seriously hurt.  Bumps and bruises which have mostly healed.  Now just dealing with the aftermath......





Here's Peterson in December- he drove me to a friend's wedding!  

(donations to help Peterson can be sent to Hearts United with Haiti  PO Box 55  Morgantown, PA 19543  Any amount will bless him I am sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment