Friday, March 9, 2012

Overwhelmed

Just a minute to update while we have internet service.  Overwhelmed is all I can say, I am drawn to this place and I can't explain it.  4 hr. ride in tap-tap from airport to house wh're staying, flat tire on way.  Frustrated with the language barrier, especially when we stopped at the orphanage yesterday and all I could do is smile as kids came running up and hugging.  Already have a favorite "girl" at the orphanage, hoping she remembers me today.  Dinner was great (we had meat- chicken of course- but it was really good).  Slept on the rooftop last night, intermittently, roosters don't crow when it's time to get up, they're at it all night.  People start waking at 4 am to take advantage of the sunlight because they never know if they will/will not have power that day, they are always busy, not too many sit around "lounging", most are in after dark because it's not safe.  Off to get a shower- YES!  we have a shower just need to limit time... then to the orphanage.  Blessed to be here!  (typed Fri. am)

Back from an awesome day at the orphanage- dancing, jump rope (not me!) bubbles, games, bible story and constant hugs.  The older girls liked playing with my hair, "stealing" my sunglasses and posing for photos.  My "girl" did attach to me toward the end of the day! Exhausted and ready to retreat to the rooftop, there is a nice breeze here in the evening that makes for great sleeping.  Please continue with prayers, especially our rides in the tap-tap...crazy drivers!

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment