Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 2

Our second day in Haiti.  Had another interesting tap tap ride.  Spent the afternoon with the girls at the orphanage.  It's so wonderful to see them not "starving"!  Many of them remember me and I remember more names that I thought-Thank You Lord!  Many of the girls bring down letters that my family wrote and show me- they say "you write to me".  Then I say yes and they beam beautiful smiles!  It's crazy how something so small means so much to them.  We toured the new area that the girls will stay in.  It's amazing, big rooms with locking cabinets for the girls personal things; and a very large bathroom with 3 toilets and large shower area.  The girls are very proud to say that soon they will sleep there. There is still sickness but only a few, not everyone.  I am so blessed to see them now and know how much better they are!  -Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment