Sunday, June 28, 2015

Praying with God's people

IWe attended Haitian church this morning.  What an inspiring experience!  Yesterday we were in the community praying with individuals we came across.  We were amazed at their receptiveness to us – their willingness to open their homes to us as well as share their lives, concerns and wishes.  This morning at church I think I began to understand this community better.  This is a community that constantly talks to God.  We spent the first hour of service back and forth between singing and praying.  Haitian prayers are group prayers – they all pray at the same time.  It can be a little distracting, but it’s also humbling to hear everyone offer up prayers of thanksgiving as well as supplication.  Their desire to pray, and their willingness to share those prayers with one another, is truly a testament of the type of relationship we should have with God as well as one another.  As I said before, it truly was a humbling experience.  -Karen

The group sang for the church. 


Praying with the fathers for Father's day


4 comments:

  1. I love seeing the photos and reading your blog!! This just fills my heart so! Praying and thinking of everyone!! Give some love and hugs for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was humbling to me to see the praying and the holding of hands! I could feel the love through the picture!! I know this is just the beginning of a blessed week of growing together.Love and prayers to all.----Mariliyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the type of experience I would love to have for myself. To be humbled by a people that constantly pray and worship together as a family just as we should be doing. God bless you all. May your hearts be forever touched and your spirits forever encouraged from your experience as one of God's servants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God Bless you!!! May both your and their cup overflow and bring Glory to God!!!!

    ReplyDelete