Sunday, June 21, 2015

Flooding

It has been unseasonably HOT here this summer. Most Haitians tell me it is because they did not really get a rainy season in April/May like they normally do. Well, last night I think all the stored up rain came in one big storm and we got a lot of what was lacking. Unfortunately it came all at once causing crazy flooding-at least in our area. 

As I sit here this morning listening to the drops still falling from the roof I think of all the differences I will see with the light when it comes. Gone will be the incredible dust (for a bit) that so often covers everything as people walk or drive on our street. Gone will be much of the trash that accumulates along the roadside ( washed away by the rushing waters). Gone will be the smell that comes with that trash. Gone will be the dead branches from the trees on or around our property ( blown down by the wind). Etc...

This reminds me of how it is with God. When called upon, His Spirit will come and wash away all the nastiness we have in our lives and replace it with His peace, His comfort, His healing, etc. Just like the rain that came last night that cleansed the land, so can His grace come and cleanse our lives. 

So, as I listen to the drops falling I am encouraged. We are looking forward to this week and all God has ro teach us and show us. Praise Him for the cleansing floods. ( please pray though for those here living in poor housing- I can not imagine weathering storms in a shanty or tent..... and in that lies another lesson from Him but that one will wait for now)

Driving home from the airport with the group.







No comments:

Post a Comment