Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Technology update!

So, here is the exciting news.  In an attempt to maintain better contact while in Haiti with our future participants as well as our volunteers in the states we have set up a wireless internet system from Redgi's phone.  This means he should have wireless readily available a large majority of the time.  It really drains his battery so he may not be using it a lot, but we should at least be less dependent upon the Haitian government for power (thus internet) from our laptop at base.  We will use the system for checking mail.  This means, however, that when my phone is close to his it will synch together and appear that I am online all the time on facebook and such.  Be aware that this is not the case- my phone may just be in my pocket or purse near his phone.  These are exciting times for Hearts United and hopefully this means we can get more photos up and online for you to feel more connected with the ministry (as well as stories, be more readily available should there be an emergency, etc...)  We still DO NOT intend to let teams us the internet provided- our policies on cell phone/internet usage remain the same.  Thanks-  let's see how this goes!  

note:  I am not sure how this will work with the blog cause I have to continually sign out of different accounts to access the blog and I don't want to be doing that on my phone all the time- we will do our best!

No comments:

Post a Comment