Saturday, June 22, 2013

Another 2 days...

I think I last wrote two days ago so here is a brief accounting of all that has been happening. We did meet with all our ministry partners for the summer and all are excited as are we!  James, Redgi and I met with Pastor Robby and Redgi and I met with Dr. Carl.  We got to have some great fellowship time and pray with them and commit our summer ministry with them to God.  We even got to stop by the orphanage down the road AT THEIR REQUEST (those of you who were here in March would know that this is a big step).  We even found out a little about the vacant lot next to the house and I pray we can talk to a man who has the phone number for the owner of the lot.  We would love to be able to work out a deal where we can either cheaply rent the lot (or just let us use it) in exchange for cleaning it up.  It would provide many great ministry opportunities right here by the base.  God knows the desires of our heart and if it is His Will, it will come to pass.

Yesterday Redgi had the day off and so did James (both had things to do) so I spent all day alone-- just me and Sparky.  I had some great time of prayer and reading the Word.  This was especially sweet because I will be bringing the message at Pastor Robby's church tomorrow.  It is a message God has been giving me over the past three months at home and even more so since returning.  I will be speaking about "being content".  Pray with me please that His message is heard loud and clear and that I will be obedient to bring what He would have me share with this congregation.

The office is much more organized, the receipts entered into the computer files and e-mailed off to the person who does our bookkeeping, the calendar for the summer has been posted, etc... yet the list of "to do" items is still present and even growing.  Isn't that always the case?  The enemy loves to keep us busy so we lose our focus.  My prayer is that I take time daily to spend with the One Who has called me here for the summer and that I will remember that He is in control- no matter what gets checked off the list or doesn't.

God bless you too for reading and following this blog and continuing to support our work in Haiti. You truly are a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment