Monday, August 27, 2012

Isaac photos...

Here are some photos that will show you the damage from Isaac to Haiti.  Just yesterday I was visiting a friend and she asked me "Did they have much damage from that storm?" so I thought I would share these.  Most were found on the internet so I can't take any credit and wish I could give credit to the photographer.  The first two compare a photo I took about a month ago of the tent community in Carrefour to a recent photo taken after Isaac.  There are captions under the photos explaining what they are of.

This is the photo you have seen before- that I took in July 2012 in Carrefour 
Same community after Isaac- looks like many of the tents are still standing, but they are more tattered and people are obviously drying out their clothes, blankets, etc... 

This is from the internet- standing back up their tarp that fell.  

From what I read this one is of the road on the way to Les Cayes (where we drive very close to the ocean and many take photos- there's usually a retaining wall to the right of this photo if it's where I think it was taken- you can kind of see that)

Just another photo that struck me.   Oh how I wish I was there to help clean up!  
Keep these people in your prayers.  I have been there to clean up after Hurricane Katrina (in New Orleans and Mississippi) and can tell you that it's tough sifting through things to decide what can/can not be salvaged, seeing your belongings ruined from the rain, etc.. Haitians are resilient but this is a LOT to deal with for anyone.  :)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment