Friday, August 10, 2012

Home...

Just got home last night from Haiti.  Each time is so different and each is equally a blessing to me as well as others.  The teams were great but this trip God really used my down time to show me some new amazing ministry opportunities.  Not sure yet if that is where He is leading Hearts United but it is good to see other parts of Haiti and meet people in other ministries.  Haiti is a fantastic country and the people are so wonderful and whatever God calls us to is exciting.

The longer I am in the country though (38 weeks in the last two years) I realize more and more the way things operate and the battles we are fighting which are NOT from God.  It is a shame that there is so much apprehension from both sides about honesty, intentions, etc...- so much mistrust. (Americans and Haitians alike).  The enemy loves to plant seeds of discouragement and it is our job to guard against this and to press onward - trusting in God who has called us to His work.  I see so many of my friends become sad and disillusioned in their work in Haiti.  It breaks my heart.  The enemy has had a stronghold in this country for so long and is not giving up easily.

We ask for your prayers as we move forward as an organization.  That we remain true to whatever God calls us to do and that we clearly hear His voice directing and leading our ministry.  Thanks!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment