Sunday, March 20, 2011

Where do I begin?

There is so much new that I honestly do not know where to start.  Ever since Pastor Duval's visit things have been going crazy -- in a GOOD way!  First of all, I received a call Friday that the paperwork should be complete soon for the next step toward obtaining tax-exempt status.  Pray with me that it will be done before I leave for Haiti this Friday so I can change some paperwork at my local bank prior to leaving and so I can potentially open a bank account in Haiti when I am there.  It is going to be cutting it close to get it done in four days, but God is in control and if He wants it done, it will be.  :)  This is all on the heels of the former lawyer "quitting" and returning all paperwork to me while Pastor Duval was here (on Wed. 3/9) so I was feeling a bit discouraged. Nothing personal, he was just too busy to help us any more for free and he was too expensive to hire so he wished us well and suggested this new organization I am using.   So, this news I got on Friday was a real answer to prayer and we praise God for His faithfulness through this whole process.  It seems like it is taking forever, but I know He is in control and when we look back upon things, it will all be worth it and the delays will make sense. 

That being said, we will be needing about $1400 to actually submit the application to the Federal Government for approval for our 501c3 status.  This is the fee for the organization to fill out and file the application and the fee the government requires as well (based upon a 3 year projected budget).  I have no idea where that money will come from, but again we trust that God knows.  Again, I do not like to use this forum to ask for money, but if people do not know there is a need, they can not pray about it with us and/or help out if God leads them to do so. 

And this brings me another reason why I said there is so much new.  After speaking last Sunday at church someone came to me and asked why I am not encouraging people out there to raise funds for our organization.  We got talking and they reminded me that there are MANY people who may not be able to physically go on one of our trips to Haiti (even though they may have a desire to do so) but they may be able to have a yard sale, bake sale, chicken bar-b-que, bike-a-thon, dance, concert, etc... to raise funds for either needs that Hearts United with Haiti has OR for funds for necessary items in Chaveneau.  So..... I am asking if you would pray about doing just that.  If some of you find ways to raise some funds and donate them, you will be helping us greatly. You can designate where the funds will be used or you can allow us to use them where there is "greatest need" (currently that is materials for outhouses and a shower area in Chaveneau so that we can make it more comfortable for summer teams).  I admit that at first I was uncomfortable mentioning this to you on this blog, but the more I have prayed about it I have come to realize that not all are called to "go"... some are called to contribute financially so others can "go".  So.... let's all put on our thinking caps and see what creative ways each of us can come up with to help raise funds to be used to benefit the ministry Pastor Duval has in Chaveneau that we have decided to partner with for now.  My promise to you is that I will post on here what you have done to raise funds (and even post photos of your "event" if you send them to me).  Together we can really bless this community! 

Finally, I ask for prayers for the trip coming up from March 27 to April 3.  Pray that we will be a blessing in Carrefour, that we will have unity among the team, that we will remain healthy, that we will be able to travel to Chaveneau safely to see the project there, that we will clearly see what ministry God has for us and most of all, that HE be glorified in all we do and many are blessed by seeing Him at work through us!  Amen!  (note:  watch this site for updates about what the team is doing during the week- if we are able to update)

Have a blessed day and thanks again for your prayers for this ministry-  In Him- Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment