Saturday, November 5, 2016

Haiti Article- Please Read!


       I read a LOT about Haiti.  I actually have my e-mail set to get "Google Alerts" each day which is basically the top news/social media posts/blogs about Haiti.  So, there is never a shortage of reading material.  I also rarely explain to people what it is REALLY like to minister and live (at least part time) in Haiti.  To daily face so many needs.  I prefer to focus on the positives.  The joy.  The success stories- and there are PLENTY of them to share.  But..... this article brought me to tears this morning.  So beautifully written.  So beautifully captures the truth, the struggles and the emotions that many of us experience.  THANK YOU to this author- for his honesty and for sharing his story.  As I prepare to return in two weeks and minister in the south among our friends there, I ask you to remember these are real people.  Real stories.  Real life for so many!   Thanks-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/04/reporters-arent-supposed-to-give-things-to-the-people-they-interview-but-in-haiti-i-did/

(copy and paste that link into your browser or click on it.... POWERFUL article)

No comments:

Post a Comment