Friday, November 25, 2016

First visit south

Well, here I am back in Haiti and today I will make my first visit south to see the aftermath from Hurricane Matthew. Redgi has been back quite a bit. James has been a few times. They were just there Monday before I came- taking along 25 more boxes of food, FOUR large (about 80 pound) bags of corn and bean seeds, and a sewing machine for Isaiae to be able to continue making money for her family... 

I am excited to see those I care about but a bit nervous about seeing the damage first-hand and hearing stories about their experiences. We will stay in a guest house in Les Cayes (Redgi, me, and my friend Laura) and will talk about me going there for a few days in December. It will be good to stay out there again but it will be humbling as always. 

I love this community and these people. Stay tuned for updates as signal is available. Thanks in advance for your prayers and support. 

Isaiae with her new sewing machine!

Corn seeds (2 huge bags) and bean seeds (again, 2 bags) to distribute among the families we have committed to help. 

Boxes and boxes of vitamin fortified rice (boil in bag) to distribute. This day he delivered 25 boxes (900 individual bags- each making a generous meal for 2-3 people) but we have another 50 paid for that will need picking up/delivery in weeks to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment