Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday (Jan. 5) ministry

Today, our team had the opportunity to observe a children’s clinic. This organization reaches out to local communities and provides nutrition for malnourished children. Crystal and Hannah stayed and helped, while a group of us went on a prayer walk in the community. A prayer walk really creates opportunities to encourage leaders and many others. God really does work through these encounters; there are no accidents or coincidences. This forced me out of my comfort zone, but the people we asked to pray with were so receptive. My group spent time talking to a handful of children; who mostly asked for us to pray for good grades in school and after sang Papa Abraham to us. It was a really sweet experience. This trip has been a turning point for me in my life. Having ten days completely devoted to serving others and spending time with the Lord has really shown me that He has to be my top priority. I’ve been distracted and I have been placing my relationship with God on the backburner, but no relationship can grow if you’re not putting forth an effort I’ve learned. I’m so grateful to have met such wonderful people. Absolutely love Haiti!  - Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment