Thursday, August 7, 2014

Blessings galore!!

Yesterday we went to Mirebalais to take a few things to the girls and to try and introduce a new pilot program to the families there (more later if it works out well). We got off to a really late start but decided to go anyway. As we were heading over the mountains I couldnt believe how breathtaking the sky and clouds were. I have made this trip many times but never saw clouds like these... And such BLUE skies! 

(took this looking toward the Dominican Republic from Morne Kabrit)

We arrived a little after 1pm and were visiting with the family when we heard thunder and started to notice storm clouds rolling into their valley. As it began to rain Redgi ran to move the Jeep since we need to drive into their place with 4 x 4 along a foot and animal path not really ever used by cars. He left me in the house with the family but returned shortly cause the Jeep had slid off the path in the mud created by the flash rain storm. 


While we waited to move the Jeep (the local men all came out to help push/pull/use rope/whatever) we sat inside the house, rain dripping through holes in the roof, and laughed and teased each other and just had FUN! We actually thought we were going to have to stay the night but finally the men got us out. I am not sure if I was happy we got to leave or if I was sad we didnt get to sleep there. Either way ,it was a great time with the family. I had forgotten what living in the countryside in a mud house was like in the rain. Boy have I gotten spoiled and comfortable in two years with a nice apartment in town. And boy do I MISS those country days!! 

(my view out the door of the house-this is the neighbors house in the rain)

So today I am thanking God for the hours stuck in the rain yesterday! What a blessing it was to share in simple country life in Haiti again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment