Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rain rain go away.....

As I write, it's raining (pouring) again! We are soon ready to eat supper. We got back from the orphanage about 1/2 hour ago. This morning we did a clinic at the church again. Seemed to go much smoother. I polished and flossed maybe 35 mouths in about 3 hours! I was tired again, but it seemed cooler today, thankfully! Ethan is doing a great job helping out where he can, without complaining. He is LOVING his time joking around with the older guys (translators). This afternoon, we went to the orphanage again. Played with the kids, handed out pillowcase dresses, did some education, etc. We got to hear them sing at the end too. Ethan and I had to say goodbye to Robinson. Not a happy moment, but I'm SO thankful we had this chance to meet him and hug him and tell him we love him and pray for him. Livvie---did I tell you I had your video clip on my camera (of you playing piano)? I played it for him each time we visited and he listened and smiled. I was glad I could show you to him. I have to go now...time to eat. I continue to see how Crystal LOVES this place and LOVES the people. Her heart is so full with love for them and she gives and gives and wants to do more and more. What a special lady! Again....thankful for this chance to come here....some moments are tough and take a lot of TRUST but God is good.
Alison
By the way....our tent is not doing too good with all this rain. Gotta go fast, they just told me Ethan volunteered to pray! :-) (Crystal is encouraging each of us to take a turn)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ali, We are at Angola and I just read this to Olivia. We are having lots of fun. The sun is shining today but they are calling for rain tomorrow. My walk was boring without you this morning!! Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, from PA--thanks for the update--sounds like your days have been full!! with activity and blessings! Praying for your last day with your friends from Haiti and return trip! Where have the days gone?? Proud of our grandson, too; can't wait to hear you both share your stories!! Love, m & d Glick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison & Ethan,
    I have enjoyed reading these updates/blogs. Really looking forward to hearing more stories. This has inspired me to go on a missions trip. Praying for safe return. Love you guys!!! Laurie & family

    ReplyDelete