Sunday, October 23, 2011

Keep praying...


       My friend Adella holding Sophia (we THINK she was  rescued)

I still have no news about Sarafina and we do not have an exact number of children that were rescued on Friday from Son of God Orphanage in Haiti- sorry.  Things move slowly in a third world country and we all want to make sure we are reporting FACT- not supposition so even though it seems like it is taking forever, it really is moving along.  This is an even longer week than last week was while we were waiting for the Haitian government to actually go in and remove the children from that place.  I would ask that you PLEASE continue to pray.  I am not free to share a lot of details, but there are many reports coming out of Haiti from reliable sources and there is still a GREAT need for prayer...for the children, for the TRANSLATORS/Haitians who still live in that community (not everyone "bad" has been arrested so they are in danger), for my friends who have flown there to help, etc...  Until then, look at some of these images of "our" children at Son of God... I have tried to give you some names so you can pray for them specifically. Thank you for all the e-mails, notes, prayers, phone calls, etc.. They mean SO MUCH at this time- it's been tough to say the least.  In my head I KNOW God is in control, but my heart is still hurting for these children I love and have worried about for over 13 months.  I have been pouring over God's promises for His people- particularly the children/orphans.  He has NOT forgotten them!

      some of the children at Son of God with my team in March 2011-  Marie (the woman running the orphanage when it was closed down/wife of the "director" is in the back in the purple)


      Bettina (sitting on Abby's lap)- we still have no idea if she got out


      Wendy (opening a note sent by a friend of mine that I delivered)- we are pretty sure he got out- we saw photos of him that the news media released crying and scared.


       another group photo (they are holding a sign from my school- we collected clothes, toys, etc.. )

No comments:

Post a Comment