Saturday, January 29, 2011

Plane Ticket Purchased!

I woke yesterday to a phone call (5:45 am) from Michael saying his father (Pastor Duval) would like to book his plane ticket to the USA with American Airlines so that he returns with Ron and I when we come home in February (on the same flight).  So, I got on the computer, searched the AA site, and found their was availability on the flight home.  Together Michael and I  "saved" the flight info., put the ticket "on hold" for 24 hours, retrieved the locator number, and then I forwarded that to Michael in an e-mail.  Anyway, to make a long story short, he then took that number, went to the American Airlines office in Port au Prince and officially booked the flight.  I got a text at 2 pm yesterday afternoon saying, "I want to let you know that I just left the American Airlines office.  I got the ticket booked and it was $100 less than it was when you saved it online!"  God is soooooo good!!! 

This means that Pastor Duval will be coming to our home from Feb. 22 to March 2, 2011 and we could not be more excited!  We will schedule a time for people to come and hear him speak so they can hear from him what his vision is for Chaveneau.  Pray for the trip home (about 12 hours of being together when neither of us speaks the other's language!), and for us to be able to procur translators for the week he will be here. Our daughter Emily will do most of the translating around the house.  Not sure about the other times though- since she will have to work.

 I have already spoken to my building principal who has graciously offered to give him a tour of an "American school" so he can see how things are done here. He can also meet and speak with the Haitian students at our school to talk to them and hear what they think about school in America.  I am working to get him a tour of an elementary school too since that is what the school in Chaveneau is.  I would LOVE to get him to be able to see an Amish school here as well since that is more like what they do in Haiti- the whole one room schoolhouse idea. 

If anyone has any ideas for things he may be interested in seeing/doing when here, please let me know.  Remember I live in Pennsylvania and we get a LOT of snow and it is COLD (he will not be used to the cold).  We are so excited to have this opportunity and pray it is the first of many trips to our home. 

God is so good to join families and lives together the way He does- regardless of race, nationality, language, etc....   We are all united in Him and He provides ways we can find "common ground" to worship, praise and bless one another and Him!  Have a fantastic day in the Lord!  -Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment