Saturday, May 10, 2014

Group has arrived (and Madame Josee' update)!

This is to let you all know that the group of four nursing students from Malone University has arrived and we are all excited about what God has in store for all of us.  They had no trouble finding us at the airport (amid the usual chaos), had a "tap-tap" ride home and even got to take public "tap tap's" out to the local restaurant where we all had a great dinner of rice/beans/chicken.

Last night was a great time of getting to know one another on the porch of the base watching a CRAZY storm blow in.  And I do mean BLOW in!!  The winds were so fierce, but we did not receive any rain.  (the night before we had tons of rain, but no wind- oh, Haiti!)  Today we plan to go to the Pediatric wing of the general hospital and visit with/pray with families and patients and then off to Life is Wealth Orphanage to see the children there and take the fruit/milk that we take every month.  Prayers appreciated as always.

I was blessed to get to visit Madame Josee' on the way to the airport and even more blessed that Redgi was out getting his hair cut so I really got to spend time in prayer and honest talking with her (his brother and James translated what I couldn't say, though I managed most of it).  She looks GREAT and her spirits/faith always astound me.  She is very weak and was laying down but that smile...... well, if you know her, you will understand.  And such calm peace surrounds her.  Emanuella (her niece) and her sister, Ruth (whom I had never met before yesterday) were with her.  She delighted in watching videos I had taken on the way to Haiti of my granddaughter, hearing stories of Redgi's visit to the USA (things a boy wouldn't share with his mom), and we laughed/cried and just had an overall amazing time together.  Both of us needed a distraction I am sure and I really needed that time of fellowship with my sister.  Here are two photos of her (one with me).  Keep praying- they need it!  I took her women's vitamins (thanks Kelley and crew) and gave them some money I had with me (thanks to those who have donated a bit).  They will use some of the money for food and medicine and some to pay transportation for her other sister, Carol (many of you know her too- she helps cook) to come from Cap Haitian if/when Madame Josee' gets worse so they can have a visit.



1 comment:

  1. So excited to see what is in store for the team from Malone and the works they will be doing for those they come into contact with! Prayers for Madame josee. Lots of love
    Jaclyn!!

    ReplyDelete