Monday, August 8, 2011

Depart tomorrow...

Well, at this time tomorrow I will be packing the rest of my things and getting ready to leave for the airport.  Today will be filled with all those "last minute" jobs-- the most important is to get the money I got from SELLING the SUV deposited into the account that Michael and I opened over a month ago here in Port au Prince.  That way he will have some money here in case a need arises so we do not have to pay a fee to wire it.  :)  The cool part of this story?  Guess who bought the SUV?  A good friend of Duckenson (the oldest Arris son) who is currently out of town on business.  He wired the money to Duckenson on Sat.  Since he will not be around for a while we are transferring the SUV into Duckenson's name (Hearts United and I were never on the paperwork- the guy was never available- coincidence?? I don't think so) today.  The SUV will be sent to the shop to get the necessary work done to it AND the friend will let Duckenson and the Arris family use/keep the SUV here at their house until he returns and then they will complete the transaction.  This means that they will have a vehicle for a while to use for themselves!  Isn't that amazing?  We did not sell it for much but we still were "ahead" because rental on it would have been much more than we paid (less what we got for selling it).  God is good!  Now we will just pray that God will provide another vehicle for Hearts United to use in Haiti.  An ideal vehicle would be a 4 wheel drive truck (a small Toyota or somthing like it) with an extended cab.  This will hold the same number of people but will haul a LOT more in the bed and will be really handy in Chaveneau.  Please pray with us about this need and let us know if you know of anyone who can help us!  Thanks-

Michael will travel with me tomorrow- his first time on a plane, his first time in the USA, etc... Exciting times!  We are blessed to have him as part of Hearts United and we pray you will be able to get out to at least one of our presentaions to meet him and to hear his heart for his people (as well as what God is doing in his father's ministry).  We will post dates and times here but for now plan on the afternoon of the 21st- that is still being arranged.  

I am so excited to get home, see Ron and begin to discuss what God has for our future.  From his e-mails to me, it sounds like he is VERY excited too. :)  But, part of me is always sad to leave Haiti.  Last night Obed and I layed on the roof watching shooting stars for about an hour and discussing God and life and talking about all the things 17 year old guys go through.  It will be hard for him when we leave- I am taking Michael with me, James is moving out (for more about James look at my posts from early June), and the internet will probably be shut off because it is too expensive to maintain right now with school getting ready to start.  Independently these are no big deal, but collectively they are a lot for him. 

After about an hour of Obed and I discussing "life" James came up.  "Mom, I did not get to say goodnight to you".  With that he gave me a huge hug and then was gone down the steps.  Then, about 10 min. later Michael came up with his cot (he has not slept on the roof in about 2 weeks) and he set it up and then returned downstairs to do some things.  When Obed left I laid there looking at the stars, listening to Haiti- listening to HOME.  I love hearing church and people praising God.  I love hearing the goats and chickens at all hours of the night.  I even love hearing the rap music playing at 2 am from a property nearby.  I just LOVE Haiti.  Eventually I fell asleep- happy, content and wishing I would just freeze the moment and stay on that roof forever.  But then I will miss ALL that God has coming in the future.  So.. Lord, I am ready- WE are ready- show us what Your plans for Hearts United with Haiti are-  Amen!ll

No comments:

Post a Comment