Sunday, August 5, 2018

Mel's blog

Hello everyone!
       We are all doing well, despite the Haitian heat, lack of electricity and little coffee!!  We had a thunderstorm last evening which did provide a bit of a breeze for a little bit.  Between the heat, the storm, the dogs barking and the neighbors music, I did not sleep very much last evening.  However, Mr. Alvarez came to the rescue and brewed enough coffee in his little perculator pot for Marti and I to share.  We do very much appreciate Mr. Alvarez!! (the groundskeeper)
       Today was our third and last day of our Women’s Retreat.  In today’s session the women were asked to share their personal testimony.  We were praying specifically for women who would be willing to share.  Plan B was for us to share our testimony if none of them would.  God was working in the lives of these women and we had TEN women come up and share testimony!!  They shared struggles from their past, things that had happened to them, things they had regrets over and even ways that they had seen God show up in their lives.  We had one woman who started her testimony by saying she was not a Christian but had experienced God.  Marti allowed her to tell her story and then asked her if she would like to know Jesus.  Her response was YES!  Marti led her in prayer and she accepted Christ into her life!  It was a very moving and powerful moment! 
       One of the things we were praying for was for the women to make connections among each other.  We noticed right away as they were entering the community building today that they were talking and laughing much more among themselves,  Paula asked how many had made a new friend and all the hands went up!  What an answer to prayer!  We also saw real trust and a sense of community among the ladies as testimony was shared.  It was easy to see they were relating to each other and feeling compassion for each other.  We are very excited for the women of this community and are continuing to pray for them to continue to seek each other out and continue to build relationships among themselves.
       Since yesterday was Marti’s birthday , they surprised her with a gift today.  Imagine her surprise when she opened the gift to find two brand new pair of underwear! :)  The ladies were so proud and happy to give her a gift!
       We continued with our pampering treatment and I believe all the ladies felt loved and relaxed when they left.
        After dinner tonight Annette and Crystal did dishes so we could pamper Madam Damus  and MaMa Madam Damus. (the cooks) We gave them the full treatment of massage, pedicure, facial and paraffin hand wax.  We hope they felt loved!  We also treated both Nahomie and Nadege to the same special treatment.  However, we did use peel off facial masks for them and we had enjoyed their expressions as they peeled their faces off!  It was a very fun and relaxing evening here at the base with lots of jokes and laughter!
        With love from Haiti,
               Mel

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mel! So glad to read your blog & hear the updates about the women's retreat. I am also glad that Tamese came & I hope you squeezed her tight for me!! How fun for you to be with Nahomie too! I can just hear their reactions to the face peel! Tell Nadege that Pastor Tim says, "aksidan!" Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you return. I need my Mel's breakfast date again! Enjoy the last few days! I have been praying for all of you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, ​​I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Fatal Familial Insomnia ,Dupuytren's disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete