Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Julia's Blog

        Today was the second day of VBS at Life is Wealth Orphanage and it was awesome!! The orphanage sits on the top of a very steep hill, and today a tap-tap truck broke down on the road, blocking our bus from driving into the orphanage.  Our team hopped off the bus and trekked up to the entrance. The walk was only about 100 yards long, but the road was so steep that I ended up all sweaty and out of breath by the time I saw the girls. I realized a few things in that short time: Haitians are the strongest people I’ve ever met(!!!!) and also that we are so lucky to have Johnny as our driver. He is so skilled. Even though the walk wore me out, I was re-energized by the excited chatter of the girls. I don’t think I can accurately describe in words the warm feeling in my heart that came with the girls wanting to spend time with us. God especially laid one of the girls, Francesca on my heart. She introduced herself to me in English and rarely left my side. Francesca taught me how to count to 10 in French and a new hand game. She’s a really patient girl because it took me a really long time to catch on. I asked Stephana, one of our translators to come over and help me hold a conversation with Francesca. I asked her what her favorite part of the day was, and she replied that the Bible study was her favorite part! YES!! The love of God is so strong and so attractive for everyone, everywhere, in any situation. God is good all the time.
     -Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment