Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankful journal- Day One

November is the month we in the USA celebrate Thanksgiving.  A time to stop and count our blessings, spend time with family/friends and celebrate ALL we have been blessed with.  We shouldn't need a certain day/time of year as a reason to be thankful but sometimes with the busy lives we lead we don't take the time to just notice the little things and thank the One Who gives us all we have.  So, I will do my best to update regularly this month with a "thankful journal".  Since this is the Hearts United facebook site I will probably concentrate a lot on Haiti but since my personal life is so intertwined with the ministry there will probably be some blending of the two.  For today, to kick off the journal, I will say that I am thankful for Jesus Christ- the reason for ALL we do!  I never cease to be amazed at the fact that God sent His Son to willingly die for MY sins (and yours). Though I was not yet born, though I still have things in my life that I will probably do to disappoint Him and not in accordance with His will for my life (which is the definition of sin), though I do not always take time for things like this journal thanking Him, etc... He still loves me, waits longingly for me to come back to Him, and forgives my transgressions EVERY time I ask without judgement or condemnation for waiting so long but instead with compassion and understanding!  How amazing.  Christianity is not a crutch, but instead an honor.  To be used daily by the Creator of the Universe as a vehicle to transmit His message of love and salvation to others is unbelievable.  And to have Him readily available to listen, comfort, guide, and (YES!) communicate with me at the same time as millions of others around the world is mind-blowing.  But, to know I AM that special that He hears me and longs for my voice as I long for His is beyond anything I can describe!  So, today (and every day) I am thankful for Jesus and the gift He gave us all when He came to earth, lived for a bit as a man, taught us so much by example and through words and then died to cover our sins so that today we may live for Him the Father and some day be united with them in Heaven for all eternity!  Amen!

(PS- they won't all be this long- lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment