Thursday, December 8, 2011

in Chaveneau safely

We are safe in Chaveneau and having a great time ... I will let the team update with some thoughts from the day! -Crystal

Hey Everybody...It's Ericka to share about our day. Its been amazing! We woke up early this morning after a night of excitement. I will elaborate on our crazy night :) After we made it safely to the house where we were staying, we spent some time with the Pastor, his wife and kids, eating some amazing Haitian rice with red sauce, chicken, plantains, fried potatoes, and "pickly" ( Like spicy coleslaw). Sorry Crystal, I probably butchered that spelling haha Anyways, we were all tired from the plane so we went to bed with our mats. Ellen and Scott went to sleep on the roof only to awakened by down pouring rain! And we had a crazy rooster who decided that crowing during the day wasn't enough...he wanted to crow during the night too :) But it was all worth it when I thought about visiting the kids at the orphanage during the day. They gave us the biggest welcome when our tap-tap drove into the orphanage. There were kids just everywhere hanging on us, begging for some love. There were two girls that really stuck by me and made me realize just why I was down there. A baby named My Love (it was her birthday too) and a girl named Carina who stuck by my side. It was so amazing how we could just love them as simply as we could but that was more than enough for them.

Today we rode in a van out to set up our medical supplies and talk to the people in the community. We were able to pray with several families that Crystal had met on her trips before. God is good and working in the community here in Haiti and I am blessed to be apart of it. They are so kind and generous with what they have. I hope to bring that back with me when I return to the States. That is all I have for now....Aurevoir!

Much love.....Ericka for the team

No comments:

Post a Comment