Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What a difference a day makes...

Yesterday  I wrote that I really felt like we were under attack. That is so true... for the last few days I have felt such an incredible weight on me as leader and the mood around here has been one of "heaviness"  The enemy had definately tried hard to develop a stronghold and to wear us down. I have not felt such frustration, sadness, depression, anger, etc... in a long time.  I was physically and emotionally drained.  But, thanks to some mighty prayer warriors today I wake feeling refreshed and ready to begin the next chapter for this summer.  So I send a HUGE thank you to those of you who were praying... God has used you to speak truth to me.  His truth.  He is a God who will not leave me alone to manage Hearts United.  Quite the contrary.  He is with me each little thought and step.  He loves me and has called me here to Haiti this summer and He will be my rock if I allow Him to be.  So... today I leave you with this verse that Zick (one of our translators) shared with me the other day.  "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  - James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment