Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Praise God!

Well... first of all, for those of you who follow my facebook, YES- I have a hurt ankle.  I hurt it the day before I left Haiti the last time I was there and it has been painful ever since.  I keep thinking, "next week it will be better" but that doesn't happen.  So... I finally went to the doctor, they ordered an MRI and that showed a severe bone bruise and ligament damage.  Don't know exact details but I do know they want me to see an orthopedist.  Luckily I know some good ones in my area (helps to have that Physical Therapy background at times like this) so I will have an appointment soon.  Will keep you posted.  But God is the great physician and He will help me heal from this so I can serve Him this summer in Haiti! 

But.. the reason for writing this is to praise Him!  I got a call last night from a young woman who was considering going on one of our summer trips.  After much prayer she feels He is not calling her to actually come to Haiti at this time (she has been before with her college) but instead to help the people of Chaveneau and the surrounding mountains in a more "concrete" way... She has offered to collect, sort and package medical supplies into little "kits" which can then be handed out around the community.  Each kit will contain something like band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic/antibacterial wipes for cleaning, medical tape, pain reliever, etc...  and will be put into quart sized baggies to distribute by our summer team.  How exciting is that?? They really have NO medical care there and no way to get some of these supplies unless they travel miles into town, so this will be a real blessing. 

We are still in need of someone to collect items and assemble hygiene kits (wash cloth, bar of soap, small hand sanitizer, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, etc...) and school kits (stickers, wooden pencils/hand sharpener, eraser, post-it notes, index cards, etc...).  These items would need to be shipped to MY home or someone who is coming to Haiti so we can "mule" them down with us.  We suggest that if you collect these items that you also collect a dollar or two from each person donating items.  The money will be used for shipping items to the Hearts United with Haiti office/base here in my home and also for the extra baggage fee to get them to Haiti. 

Thank you God for the way you are providing for the people of Chaveneau through others- even if they are not physically coming to Haiti this summer!  What a blessing it is!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment