Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's Official-

I just found out Monday that I will not have a job to return to next school (2011/2012) year!  They did manage to find another job to offer me (which was VERY nice of the district) but it is in elementary school and I can not be guaranteed the age/grade I will work with.  Plus, by me taking that position another person with less seniority (who really wants her job) will lose hers and she is a friend of mine.  I can not do that to someone- especially since I have been praying for God to make it clear whether or not I am to stay in the Middle School position I have held for the last 12 years.  So... this was His answer- time to move on and step off that cliff and wait to see where I will "land".  It is an exciting time but also a bit stressful cause finances are tight (for everyone- certainly not just us) and jobs are hard to find.  I feel sooo peaceful about this decision though and next week I will submit my name on the substitute list for next year.  That way the school can call me if they need a "sub" for a day, a week, or longer and I can decide whether that works with my mission work in Haiti or not.  This will REALLY free me up to spend more time on Hearts United with Haiti, but also will not guarantee me any regular income.  So... pray for Ron and I as we follow where we believe God is leading- more and more.   And THANK YOU for those of you who have been praying for us!  Your prayers are felt (as evidenced by the peace my heart feels) and appreciated greatly. 

As for summer plans and Hearts United with Haiti.  After much prayer Ron and I decided to send out prayer letters to our family/friends/relatives.  This is always a tough decision but one that needed to be made.  Again, we had planned to use our savings for the summer - to pay for our trips to Haiti, but now we really want to try to save some of that for "emergency fund" in case we need it this fall or later.  So... if anyone would like to give to the ministry or to our expenses for this summer, you can gladly do so by just sending a donation to Hearts United with Haiti  PO Box 55  Morgantown, PA 19543  Donations will be tax deductible.  :-)  Ron still has to get shots, all three of us (Ron, Emily and myself) have to get malaria medicine, we have to pay for expenses (food, transportation, etc..) when in Haiti, and more... so any/all would be appreciated.  If not, I am sure God will provide in other ways!  He is calling us there- He will make the way clear. 

Only three more weeks until we leave (June 11th) to build the outhouses and other things in Chaveneau.  Our creole is getting better (thanks to Pimsler CD's) and our hearts are just bursting with excitement with the idea of living in Chaveneau (and Carrefour a bit).  Please continue to follow this blog to see photos of our ministry this summer and hear stories as well.  It is such an honor to be used by God to do His work in Haiti and to know you are praying for us and supporting our work there!  Thank you soooo much! 

Blessings- Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment