Sunday, February 27, 2011

SOOOO encouraged...

As many of you know I first met the Arris family in the beginning of June 2010 when serving in Carrefour on staff with a mission organization ministering there.  I know Hearts United with Haiti is currently committed to the community of Chaveneau, Haiti but part of my heart is still in Carrefour and will forever be there.  I lived for 7 weeks in that community and have been back to visit a few times since.  So, I have to write a little here to "brag" about how amazing God is and how He is at work in the community of Carrefour.  When Ron and I just went back to visit, I was showing him around and introducing him to people I know and love.  I was THRILLED to see that Pastor Cornet's church has moved from the tent city/rental location they had all summer and have returned to services in their former location.  They have a concrete floor and tarps for a roof, but it is beautiful to worship with them in that location and hear them singing praises to the very God who has provided for them in the past year.  In April they will have a special service thanking Him for allowing them to return to their former location so quickly after the quake. 






When we went across the street from the Arris home to visit Pastor Jean Philippe I was in awe to discover that he and his family are no longer living under tarps/tents.  They are now in a small cinderblock building- and the joy shows in his face as he showed us around.  WOW!  It was so nice to know they are now dry and he, his wife and their 5 children now have a "home" again.  Also, his church now has a concrete floor as well and is in the process of erecting walls of cinder block.  There were a crew of men the day we left Haiti (Feb. 22) starting to put up the walls so the next time I go to Haiti there should at least be one wall up on Jean Philippe's church.






I know many of you have come to Hearts United with Haiti after serving in this community of Carrefour as I did so that is why I wanted to show you these things and tell you what God is doing.  I know it blessed my heart to see it and I pray it will bless yours as well.  I long for the day when I can post updates like this about Chaveneau and how God has worked there and how the community is changing and growing due to people like you who have served there and due to the blessings God is showering on these people of Haiti!  He is amazing and though sometimes the progress seems slow to me, when I look at the big picture like this, I am sooooo encouraged and blessed!  Thank you, Lord for the way you provide what we NEED- and sometimes above and beyond that as well- You are truly amazing and we are honored to serve You.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment