Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Madi's blog

      Well this year God has blessed many of us at Gateway with the opportunity to be able to go to Haiti! When I first found out about the mission trip I was 100% all in for the trip! I was and still am ready to see what God would do and how he would speak to my heart and many others hearts as well. As the trip had grown closer I prayed God if this would be your plan for me to go would you supply the money for me to go! And He did! When I first arrived in Haiti I was very nervous and scared seeing that it was my first time out of the country it’s what I expected to feel like. As we got to the bus I was just flooded with emotions there were many things that I saw that I have never seen in my life. My family has asked what is it like and my answer is you just have to be here! Despite the living conditions of many people and with some the lack of livable amenities we would consider necessary. We are truly BLESSED and we take so many things for granite in our life.

      As I’m doing this blog this is our 4th day in Haiti and also our 2nd day of VBS and our 1st day of soccer clinic! So many exciting things this week and many more things to come! I have learned many things about almost all the kids! They love to hold your hand, talk to you although I can’t really do a lot of talking to them because I don’t speak Creole but boy do they laugh when you try! Which makes my heart skip a beat!

-Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment