Saturday, December 30, 2017

Kylee's blog

     Joy overflowing. The only two words I can think of to describe what I felt today. I always find this to be one of the hardest parts- putting what I feel and experience into words. This is my third time in Haiti and each time I find myself falling in love a little bit more and each time I am amazed because I didn’t think it was possible. I looked forward to this day for about two and a half years since I last left Haiti, and as always, the Lord proved Himself faithful and provided me with this opportunity to return. I am so undeserving but so incredibly grateful.

     We spent the day at Life is Wealth Orphanage, one of my all time favorite places to be. One of the most touching moments for me was when I saw Nadia, a sweet girl who I had the privilege of growing close to over the years and she came up to me and said my name and hugged me. I was given such joy in that moment alone and felt humbled and honored to be known by such a beautiful girl. It reminds me how we each are known by God…what a gift.

      We had a Christmas party for all of the kids (about 75ish) and helped serve them a meal which included a ton of rice, chicken, pasta salad, and juice. There is just something so special about being able to give of yourself, even if it is simply carrying food up and down the stairs, to the people who deserve such love. We also watched as some of the girls put on the best kind of talent show which consisted of dancing, singing, reading poems, and lots of laughing.

      Another thing that I had the privilege of doing was talking to some of the older girls in the orphanage about hygiene and we had a time for any questions that they had regarding puberty, hygiene, health, etc. It was once again such a humbling experience to be able to have those girls open up about things they were wondering and maybe were afraid to talk about. I pray that they learned valuable information and left feeling more confident and excited to take care of themselves.

      The rest of the day was simple. We spread love in the best way we could. Lots of laughing, hand games, taking pictures, and can’t forget the best hugs. As always, I found myself receiving the love from each child and my heart was so full. It is never easy to leave a place so full of children that reflect the love of Jesus in so much of what they do. They are such an example to me and I can easily say each child has touched my life in their own incredible way. It may sound cliché but come to Haiti, and you will quickly find that it is so true. The best thing I knew to do before we had to leave was pull James aside to translate and just pray with some of the girls. I am trusting and believing that we serve a God who has good plans for His children and I know confidently that they have purpose and destiny and I can’t wait to see how He continues to use them to advance His Kingdom.

      I am forever thankful to embrace the beauty in simplicity and spend a few days with some of the people and the culture I love most. All glory be to the One who loves His children without end. Thank you God for restoring my joy.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Kylee, we are so incredibly proud of you. Bless you for your dedication and love. A wonderful blog. Love you...MaMa & PaPa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy Overflowing. You are accurate Kylee! I am so happy that you were able to go back to Haiti again. Happy, with an ounce or two of jealousy! (Kidding...sort of!) 😉 Savor every moment that you have & know that you & the team are in our prayers. Please say hello to Mano for me! And Crystal, please squeeze my neighbor boys next door. Dave, Barry & Jamison! If you all go to church, please send my greetings! You will be worshipping with some of my dearest friends in Haiti. Praying for you all! Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete