Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Blessed Start to the Trip!

I would just like to start off by saying God is so good! Today was a great day.  I came to Haiti this past summer and visited the same orphanage we went to today.  I met all of the beautiful children and fell in love them in June.  After returning back to the states I heard about Crystal's organization and decided that I wanted to sponsor a child, a beautiful little girl I met named Mickey.  I have been sponsoring her since July, we have exchanged letters and drew pictures for each other since but I had not seen her again since I had started sponsoring her, until today! We walked into the orphanage this morning to go to church and about ten minutes into church she peaked her head through a side door and I saw her.  We caught eye contact and she smiled so big and started waving to me, my heart literally melted at that exact moment.  I can not explain to you the feeling I experienced when I saw this amazing, young child of God smile at me and remember me, it truly left me speechless. I had been looking forward to returning to see Mickey and all of the other children since August when we decided to attend this trip and to actually do so finally was the best feeling! We spent the entire afternoon just loving on these children and playing games and sharing endless smiles.  I do not think I can get any happier than I was this afternoon.  Tomorrow we are going to spend the day making Christmas bags for each child because Thursday we are throwing them a Christmas party where our team is going to hand out presents to each child and serve them yummy food and make them feel as special as they are, I cannot wait!  But in the meantime I am going to sit here on the porch, sip on some Tampico, listen to the sounds of Haiti and prepare my heart for what God has in store for me tomorrow.

Bon Nuit,

Love Kelsey Buglewicz

No comments:

Post a Comment