Saturday, October 20, 2012

ONE YEAR...

"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.." Genesis 9:13-15 NIV

October 21, 2012 marks one year since Son of God orphanage in Carrefour was closed.  One year since the girls (and boys) were loaded onto a UNICEF bus and taken away from the only "home" many of them had known for a long time.  When relocated the children were malnourished, infested with scabies/parasites, sick, dirty, etc..  I am sure they were scared - not knowing what the future held for them.  Were they headed to an even worse fate?  Were they going home to family?  Were they finally going to be somewhere safe?  Were they ever to see the Americans who had come to love them (and they had come to love in return)?

You can look back at these posts from 2011 to read the stories and some of my old blogs. You can see how many never gave up on the children. MANY were praying for them.  We held a prayer vigil and personally were fasting until we heard of their safe relocation.

http://heartsunitedwithhaiti.blogspot.com/2011/10/ok-to-finally-share.html

http://heartsunitedwithhaiti.blogspot.com/2011/11/home-again.html

Though things did not turn out as WE planned, God did not forget these children and He will not forget them ever.  That is what gets me through when I find myself missing the girls at Life is Wealth Orphanage where the girls are now located and where we have our sponsorship program for them.  It is difficult being away from them and sometimes when I get frustrated because things at Life is Wealth are not being done the way we would prefer, I have to remember that God is the one in control.  He has brought these beautiful girls through much.  He has protected them and healed them physically. They are now fed regularly, most attend school (we are still working on that), they are clothed, and we visit them regularly. Emotionally I know there are still scars but with time and love I pray those heal as well.

These past few days I have been remembering the days leading up to the close of Son of God, the months prior to that when the investigation was going on and the children's health and physical status was failing, and the days after they were moved- when Emily and I were in Haiti with those assisting them and were caring for the girls ourselves.

Like God told Noah when He placed the rainbow in the sky, He will remain faithful to what He has promised.  And He has promised to care for the widows and orphans.  He commands us to be His hands/feet to do that work.  Will YOU consider being part of His work here with these orphans?  We still have 41 in need of sponsorship.  Contact us at huwh.orphansponsorship@gmail.com and we will be happy to match you up with an orphan.  Please pray for these precious children- HIS children!

No comments:

Post a Comment